Sunday, February 17, 2013

Great vacation to end year 2012

Before 2012 ends, I, my sister and her friends planned for a great vacation. 2012 was not a good year for me as it brought me lots of trials. So it's like celebrating the end of 2012 and hoping that year 2013 would be different in positive ways.

I planned for a 2 day trip to Cagbalete island in Mauban, Quezon and then a sidetrip to Kamay ni Jesus in Lucban, Quezon.

Lucena City in Quezon Province is my hometown but I never knew that there is a nice beach in Mauban, Quezon (which happened to be my mother's hometown), until I read and saw a picture of it in a travel blog.

I read a lot about cagbalete island, how to get there, the schedule of boats to and from cagbalete, the accomodation available and other important information. Finally I've came up with this itinerary;

Day 1
    6:00 - 8:00    travel time from Lipa city to Mauban Quezon
    8:00 - 9:30    breakfast, buy food in public market
    9: 30 - 10:00  we must be on board the boat to Cagbalete
   10:00 - 11:00  travel time from Mauban port to Cagbalete
   11:00 - 11:30  trek to villa cleofas
   11:30 - 01:30  lunch
   01:30 - onwards  enjoy the beach


Day 2
    06:00 am - 12 noon   beach bumming/ bonsai island
    12:00 - 1:00 pm         trek back to port
    01:00 - 02:00              travel time to Mauban port
    02:00 - 03:00              travel time from mauban to lucban quezon
    03:00 - 06;00              visit Kamay ni Hesus
    06:00 pm                     travel back home


This is the original plan. But when we reached Mauban on 23rd of December 2012, we were informed that the boat travels during morning only. Their afternoon trips are cancelled. Quite disappointed but I dont want to spoil our vacation. So i inserted Majayjay falls, which is just a few kilometers away from Kamay ni Jesus, in our itinerary for the second day
 

1 comment:

  1. I notice that your article is really simple but it has a nice informative. Indeed, I'm planning to have a vacation and I'm looking for the right place to spend my remaining vacation. And your blog really helped me, Thank you very much for this.


    Best Vacation Spots in the World

    ReplyDelete